New Entries Released by The National Declassification Center

The NDC has released a listing of 134 entries that have completed declassification processing between October 2, 2017 and March 2, 2018, and are now available for researcher request. This release consists of records from both military and civilian agencies.

Highlights include:

  • Office of the Chief of Naval Operations, River Patrol Force and Interdiction Reports [Naval History and Heritage Command],
  • Department of State, Records of Under Secretary of State Philip C. Habib,
  • Foreign Service Posts of the Department of State, Indonesia, U.S. Embassy, Djakarta: Classified Central Subject Files,
  • U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, Records of General George S. Brown,
  • U.S. Information Agency, Records Relating to the Voice of America (VOA),
  • Army Staff, Assistant Chief of Staff, G-2 (Intelligence); Decimal Files, and
  • Office of the Secretary of Defense, Vietnam Task Force Files [ISA Vietnam Task Force 1964-1971]

Requests to access the newly released records or to order copies should be directed to Archives 2 Reference at 301-837-3510 or Please note that some series may contain other restrictions such as privacy or law enforcement and may require screening or a FOIA request prior to access.

(When making a request, please cite the HMS Entry and Series Title.)


This entry was posted in New Openings. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to New Entries Released by The National Declassification Center

  1. Russell says:

    Cold War era information


  2. rere audy says:

    this information for war ??


  3. Pingback: New Entries Released by The National Declassification Center – Area Control News

  4. Kathy W Hunt says:

    My deceased husband Robert Gene Hunt ss# last 4 numbers 3045 died January 6 2018 Vietnam vet combat medic he had diabetes and heart problems he applied for benefits but was denied he was in the Army all his info was sealed and count not prove he was in Vietnam where he was exposed to agent orange help please!!


    • alexdaverede says:

      Ms. Hunt,

      We are sorry for the recent loss of your husband, Robert.

      Unfortunately, the NDC does not maintain records pertaining to your late husband’s Vietnam service–that information would be held by the National Personnel Records Center. You can request your husband’s records from them by filling out a GSA Form 180 at and follow the instructions for submitting it to the proper office.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s