Submit your ideas by April 15, 2016:
- on History Hub in the Open Government Space
- in comments on this blog post (below)
- or email email@example.com
How do you think we should increase the three pillars of open government —Transparency, Participation, and Collaboration — in the way we do our work at the National Archives in general and the National Declassification Center in particular?
We are looking for your ideas on how we can improve:
- Communicating what the NDC can and cannot do
- Transparency in the work processes of the NDC
- Records or topics you would like to see processed for declassification
- The mandatory declassification review (MDR) process
- The availability of public access to declassified records
- Explaining the difference between classification and other restrictions such as privacy or law enforcement
We will carefully consider all ideas. In the past, we’ve received more than 100 suggestions and we report on these and respond in an appendix to the Plan. Even if you’ve shared an idea before, please share it again. We need your ideas on how we can better serve the public.