The NDC has released a listing of 149 entries that have completed declassification processing between June 29, and December 31, 2015 and are now available for researcher request. This release consists of records from both military and civilian agencies.
- Office of the Chief of Naval Operations, Naval Intelligence Reports,
- Department of State, Human Rights Country and Subject Files,
- Department of State, Bureau of Intelligence and Research, Reports,
- Department of State, Executive Secretariat, Records Relating to the Cuban Missile Crisis, 1962-1963,
- Office Surgeon General (Army), Central Decimal File,
- Army Staff, Korean Conflict POW, MIA and Detainee Intelligence Files, and
- Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP), Director’s Classified Subject Files
Requests to access the newly released records or to order copies should be directed to Archives 2 Reference at 301-837-3510 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some series may contain other restrictions such as privacy or law enforcement and may require screening or a FOIA request prior to access.
(When making a request, please cite the HMS Entry and Series Title.)
One thought on “New Entries Released by the National Declassification Center”
A couple questions:
How do we find out the subjects/years for those files that don’t list them?
What are HMS_ID, HMS_ENTRY, NND?