On May 2, 2023, the National Declassification Center (NDC) released a listing of 74 declassification projects that consists of over three million pages that completed declassification processing between February 1, 2023, and April 3, 2023. This is the Fourth release of textual records from the NDC since the NDC resumed full declassification operations in March 2022. These records are now available for researcher requests. This release consists of textual materials from military and civilian agencies. The FY2023-Q2 Release List is available to view or download in PDF and Excel format:
A special note for researchers: The NDC continues to proactively process operational and administrative records relating to the Gulf War, 1990-1991 (Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm). This quarter’s release list includes a total 10 projects for the Gulf War, totaling 314 boxes, 331 cu. ft., including Record Group 319, Records of the Army Staff, Record Group 518, Records of the United States Central Command. The NDC is processing these records in support of our nation’s veterans who served during this conflict.
Other Highlights from this Release include:
- (Bureau of Ships) Secret General Correspondence, 1960
- Ship Protection Study Files [Primary Program Records, War Damage Ship Protection Study, 1949 – 1955]
- (Office of Management and Budget) General Records Relating to Budget Preparation
- Index to President, Secretary of State Diplomatic Correspondence
- Index of U.S./U.S.S.R. Memorandums of Conversation
- Conference Files [International Conference Files of the World Conference of the United Nations Decade for Women in Denmark, and United States Regional Meetings Files]
- General Records of the Cyprus Affairs Desk
- Control Files [Research and Development Division; Secret Control Files (“S” Files)|”S” Files]
- Central Intelligence Agency Correspondence and Reports [Assistant Chief of Staff, Intelligence; Operations Branch; Central Intelligence Agency Correspondence and Reports, 1958-1960]
- Classified Subject Correspondence Files Relating to Foreign Military Aid Programs [Munitions Board; Vice Chairman for International Programs; Office- Of International Programs; Subject Correspondence Files Relating to Foreign Military Aid Programs]
- Records Relating to U.S. Relations with Iran
To request access to the newly released records or to order copies, please contact Archives 2 Reference at 301-837-3510 or email@example.com. Please note that some series may contain other restrictions such as privacy or law enforcement and may require screening or a FOIA request prior to access. When making a request, please cite the Record Group/Collection Identifier, HMS Entry, and Series Title.