On February 1, 2023, the National Declassification Center (NDC) released a listing of 74 declassification projects that consists of over two million pages that completed declassification processing between October 31, 2022, and January 31, 2023. This is the third release of textual records from the NDC since the NDC resumed full declassification operations in March 2022. These records are now available for researcher requests. This release consists of textual materials from military and civilian agencies. The FY2023-Q1 Release List is available to view or download in PDF and Excel format:
A special note for researchers: The NDC continues to proactively process operational and administrative records relating to the Gulf War, 1990-1991 (Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm). This quarter’s release list includes a total of 53 projects totaling 260 Cu Ft., 344 boxes of Gulf War records for Record Group 518, Records of the United States Central Command, Record Group 319, Army Staff, Record Group 338, U.S. Army Operational, Tactical, and Support Org, Record Group 077, Office of the Chief of Engineers and Record Group 342, U.S. Air Force Commands, Activities, and Organizations. The NDC is processing these records in support of our nation’s veterans who served during this conflict.
Other Highlights from this Release include:
- Other Highlights from this Release include:
- Central Foreign Policy Files: N-Reel Printouts [non-record]
- Policy and Procedural Files of Benjamin H. Read[Administrative Correspondence Files]
- Federal Republic of Germany, U.S. Consulate General, Munich: Classified Central Subject Files
- Library Copies of Technical Manuals [Naval Ship Engineering Center Technical Library Branch]
- Adjutant General’s Section; Operation Division; General Correspondence Files
- Research and Development Project Records
- Duty Logs Relating to the Persian Gulf War
- Operational Files Relating to the Persian Gulf War [10th Infantry Division Fort Drum – Reports, Mission Files, Threat Analysis Files, and Other Files Relating to the Persian Gulf War]
- Naval Operations File, August 1990 – April 1991. USCENTCOM Forward, Riyadh. J-3 Operations Directorate Joint Operations Center (JOC); Naval Desk
- Desert Storm and Desert Shield Records
To request access to the newly released records or to order copies, please contact Archives 2 Reference at 301-837-3510 or email@example.com. Please note that some series may contain other restrictions such as privacy or law enforcement and may require screening or a FOIA request prior to access. When making a request, please cite the Record Group/Collection Identifier, HMS Entry, and Series Title.