On February 1, 2019, the NDC released a listing of 33 entries that have completed declassification processing between October 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018. These records are now available for researcher requests. This release consists of records from both military and civilian agencies. The FY2019-Q1 Release List is viewable from any computer in pdf format.
Highlights from the released records include:
- General Records of the Department of Commerce: Records Relating to the Cabinet Council
- Department of State, Files of Charles W. Robinson [Deputy Secretary of State]
- Foreign Service Posts of the Department of State, Ecuador: Guayaquil – Classified Central Subject Files
- Foreign Service Posts of the Department of State, Yugoslavia: Zagreb – Classified Central Subject Files
- Interservice Agencies: Amphibious/Auxiliary Logistics Division: Submarine Tenders, Repair Ships, Destroyers, and Minesweeper Division records
- Defense Intelligence Agency: Records Relating to Foreign Chemical, Radiological, and Biological Warfare [Edgewood Arsenal Technical Files]
- Bureau of Naval Weapons: Completed Bureau of Aeronautics Contracts, 1954-1965
To request access to the newly released records or to order copies, please contact Archives 2 Reference at 301-837-3510 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some series may contain other restrictions such as privacy or law enforcement and may require screening or a FOIA request prior to access. When making a request, please cite the HMS Entry and Series Title.