The NDC has released a listing of 62 entries that have completed declassification processing between December 1, 2014 and February 6, 2015 and are now available for researcher request. This release consists of records from both military and civilian agencies.
- Department of the Treasury, Briefing Books Prepared for Secretary W. Michael Blumenthal,
- Department of State, Central Foreign Policy File: “N” (NODIS) Reels, 1975,
- Department of State, Top Secret Central Foreign Policy Files (Telegrams) 1975,
- Department of State, Human Rights Country Files,
- Office of the Secretary of Defense, Records Relating to Civil Rights,
- Office of the Chief of Naval Operations, Navy Status of Forces History File, 1967-1968, and
- United States Army, Center for Military History Boxes Re: Vietnam
Requests to access the newly released records or to order copies should be directed to Archives 2 Reference at 301-837-3510 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that records from RG 60 and RG 65 may require additional screening for other FOIA exemptions and should be requested through email@example.com.
(When making a request, please cite the HMS Entry and Series Title.)
2 thoughts on “NDC New Releases”
Is the latest declassification records dealing with Record Group 472? I am a 5th Infantry division researcher
They are actually out of RG 319 and were records collected by the Center for Military History (Army’s history office) to document Army activity during Vietnam.